Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Gesperrt
dad

Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von dad »

Hi,

Kulturkosmos festivals with kids are fun. Given that all act responsible.

Attention festival required separate tix for kids. Those were limited, and sold out fast. This prevented my family from participating.

Kulturkosmos states in email to my wife that currently it is unclear if <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

I am interested, perhaps this is about safety, or authority approval. Can someone make a statement about this?

Thanks
divergenz

Re: Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von divergenz »

I don't know more about it, but ~2 years ago they mentioned for the first time that fusion is not for children (that was after there was some complications around the collective organizing kids-space).
So that idea is not new.
That text changed then to the standard text also visible now for 2022:
https://www.fusion-festival.de/en/2022/advice
Kids at Fusion - this discussion is as old as the festival. Basically, we have no problem with children at the festival. But we expect everyone who comes with children to be aware of their responsibility and to take care of their children themselves.
[...]
I think your kids could have joined at.tension with an adult ticket (found different contradicting statements about that). The voucher shows were explicitly 18+ though). Also the days before the festival there usually is a sale-off of those who cannot come at short notice.

It might be complicated to make this festival adult only as many (!) artists and collectives come with their children. One reason to do so might be the financial situation: Kids don't need to pay and the number of participants is locked at 80.000 (or was it 70.000?).

Would be sad if kids were not allowed anymore, my daughter really enjoys that festival. I wouldn't worry too much though.
Testbild

Re: Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von Testbild »

If this is a problem for you and you are looking for a festival with strong fusion vibes I can highly recommend Klangtherapie, kids under 12 are free entry and they also have separate kids camping. It's a lot smaller of a festival though
Keks111

Beitrag von Keks111 »

Hello,
For the first time, all Fusionists must be at least 18 years old. This concession to youth protection was not easy for us and we will write something about it in the next newsletter.

In the future, there will be no access to Fusion for people under 18.
Copied from here:
https://www.fusion-festival.de/en/2022/ ... orter-crew
Zuletzt geändert von Keks111 am Fr 9. Dez 2022, 19:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
divergenz

Beitrag von divergenz »

Well fuck, screw it then.💔
It was nice while it lasted though, gonna miss working at fusion 🚀🚀🚀.

I'm really curious about the reasoning behind this: Many artists have children.
And kulturkosmos/fusion have the aspiration of doing cultural work. I more than understand and welcome the exclusion of everything nazi-related. But why exclude children? Culture starts to affect people even before they are 18.

Thankful for other festival suggestions even outside of Germany.
Schnicklas

Beitrag von Schnicklas »

divergenz hat geschrieben: Do 8. Dez 2022, 12:47 Well fuck, screw it then.💔
It was nice while it lasted though, gonna miss working at fusion 🚀🚀🚀.

I'm really curious about the reasoning behind this: Many artists have children.
And kulturkosmos/fusion have the aspiration of doing cultural work. I more than understand and welcome the exclusion of everything nazi-related. But why exclude children? Culture starts to affect people even before they are 18.

Thankful for other festival suggestions even outside of Germany.
I don't know how the fuck you read into that statement that it was Kulturkosmos' willing decision to exclude people <18. "This concession to youth protection was not easy for us" already is enough to get the hunch that it might very well be the authorities coming down once again on the festival as their minds apparently can't believe that an alternative festival can be a safe place for children. Just wait for the newsletter, I'm willing to bet that it was some Ordnungsamt or police fuckery.
divergenz

Beitrag von divergenz »

Schnicklas hat geschrieben: Do 8. Dez 2022, 16:03 I don't know how the fuck you read into that statement that it was Kulturkosmos' willing decision to exclude people <18. "This concession to youth protection was not easy for us" already is enough to get the hunch that it might very well be the authorities coming down once again on the festival as their minds apparently can't believe that an alternative festival can be a safe place for children. Just wait for the newsletter, I'm willing to bet that it was some Ordnungsamt or police fuckery.
I didn't say they made a willing decision.
They say themselves that they made a compromise (concession) and will explain it further in the next newsletter. If that concession is towards the authorities, the people that don't think fusion is a great place for children, if they simply need more paying customers (mind the 80.000 person limit) or whatever the reason is - we will wait and see.

I also think "police fuckery" will have pushed them into a corner here. I really hope this decision will not negatively affect the fusion as many crew members and artists working there also used bring their children along.
Clever move from the authorities though (if it was them): They may not be able to change our minds but they stop us from sharing the fusion experience with our children. Kind of destroying us from within.
dad

Beitrag von dad »

Fusion Utopie without Kids as per updated FAQ
Is there a minimum age for Fusion Festival? ¶
The minimum age for Fusion is 18 years. This means you need to be 18 years or older on June 28, 2023.
Unfortunately there will be no access to the festival for people under 18, not even if accompanied by a parent, an adult, or with any form of permission from the parents. There will be no exceptions.

Really sad news for we were looking forward to boogie with the whole family but moreover to know that the Fusion rocket will leave the kids behind.
albinyen

Beitrag von albinyen »

Das ist wirklich sehr schade aber leider bei der Größe und Bekanntheit verständlich und typisch für Deutschland. Hat jemand gute Alternativen mit Kindern zur Hand?
Gesperrt