Drug related observation

Juul-Amsterdam

Drug related observation

Beitrag von Juul-Amsterdam »

This was my first time at Fusion, and it was absolutely amazing: we saw some great acts, and loved the beautiful artwork, lighting, food, topics, people, creativity and stages. We also talked to a lot of people there, and some really changed my perspective on a few subjects, which was very inspiring. For example: a friend who sweated a lot from dancing wanted to change his shirt as it was soaked, and he had a spare shirt with him. As soon as he took it off to change into a clean one he was called out for doing that. It had never occurred to us before that even changing a shirt may be offensive to some, but -after some explaining and exchanging views- we understood the point.

There was however one thing that I didn’t understand, especially since many of the people at Fusion are very aware of the world around them and therefore seem to try to live by the “vote by consumption” principle: how you spend your money is how you want the world to be. Examples we saw were only vegetarian and vegan food; supporting causes by buying a beer; traveling by train, bus or bike; and not buying clothing brands associated with nazi’s.

What surprised me in this context was the scale of the use of drugs. Not because of any moral or health issue -being born&raised in Amsterdam I have a very relaxed take on that- but because of the system you support when buying them. Personally, I think drug cartels are scary, so I don’t buy their stuff. I know the answer many may give: “true, so we need to legalize everything.” I agree, but that hasn’t happened yet, so here we are. Actively supporting a lot of what is wrong with the world by consciously buying the product of extremely violent organized crime organizations. Perhaps an interesting workshop topic for next year?

Anyway, a shout out to all the people that organized or worked at Fusion: thank you for all your efforts, it was great!
Zuletzt geändert von Juul-Amsterdam am So 2. Jul 2023, 22:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ichhababi

Re: Drug related observation

Beitrag von ichhababi »

YES! I agree with everything you wrote and I would be very interested to have a workshop that shows the working conditions and hierarchies from the highest "ranks" to those who are actually producing and those who are selling to the consumers.
Laleila89

Beitrag von Laleila89 »

Hello,
great that you had an inspiring Fusion. You are very right that this is a hot topic not easily compatible with Fusion ideals. But: there actually was a workshop dedicated to exactly this topic, in the Content, it was called “Fair drugs?” It’s a start…
Crataegus

Beitrag von Crataegus »

Laleila89 hat geschrieben: So 2. Jul 2023, 22:25 Hello,
great that you had an inspiring Fusion. You are very right that this is a hot topic not easily compatible with Fusion ideals. But: there actually was a workshop dedicated to exactly this topic, in the Content, it was called “Fair drugs?” It’s a start…
Unfortunately, I missed the workshop and I hope that it was a success and another step to approach this topic at the festival.
I was amazed by the amount of people doing drug checking on Thursday morning.
This is a good indicator of the availability of knowledge and awareness on the topic on site.
How was the workshop organised, who were the participants?
Deleted User 26423

Beitrag von Deleted User 26423 »

Erst kommt das Koks, dann kommt die Moral.

Its one of the many things thats weird. Same with no nation no border and then theres a guarded fence. As also fusion has limits and wants to control whos coming in.
whatistheideal

Beitrag von whatistheideal »

Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: So 2. Jul 2023, 21:50 This was my first time at Fusion, and it was absolutely amazing: we saw some great acts, and loved the beautiful artwork, lighting, food, topics, people, creativity and stages. We also talked to a lot of people there, and some really changed my perspective on a few subjects, which was very inspiring. For example: a friend who sweated a lot from dancing wanted to change his shirt as it was soaked, and he had a spare shirt with him. As soon as he took it off to change into a clean one he was called out for doing that. It had never occurred to us before that even changing a shirt may be offensive to some, but -after some explaining and exchanging views- we understood the point.

There was however one thing that I didn’t understand, especially since many of the people at Fusion are very aware of the world around them and therefore seem to try to live by the “vote by consumption” principle: how you spend your money is how you want the world to be. Examples we saw were only vegetarian and vegan food; supporting causes by buying a beer; traveling by train, bus or bike; and not buying clothing brands associated with nazi’s.

What surprised me in this context was the scale of the use of drugs. Not because of any moral or health issue -being born&raised in Amsterdam I have a very relaxed take on that- but because of the system you support when buying them. Personally, I think drug cartels are scary, so I don’t buy their stuff. I know the answer many may give: “true, so we need to legalize everything.” I agree, but that hasn’t happened yet, so here we are. Actively supporting a lot of what is wrong with the world by consciously buying the product of extremely violent organized crime organizations. Perhaps an interesting workshop topic for next year?

Anyway, a shout out to all the people that organized or worked at Fusion: thank you for all your efforts, it was great!
May I ask, why is it offensive to change your shirt?
Deleted User 26423

I guess its that stupid no short no service bullshit. As women can‘t be topless (why) men are forbidden too.

Completely stupid logic…in a liberal world there should be less rules not more.
rattentatten

Beitrag von rattentatten »

blnblnbln hat geschrieben: Mo 3. Jul 2023, 07:39 I guess its that stupid no short no service bullshit. As women can‘t be topless (why) men are forbidden too.

Soo this is off topic, but short viewpoint: You mean a libertarian society, not a liberal.

Laws block and create safe spaces through regulation, such as freedom of speech, the right to abortion, the right to gay marriage. Less rules often mean that the unprotected are on their own. That the supreme court of Germany ruled that not acting on climate change is not constitutional is another point how the legal system is protecting the freedom of future generation. Finally, liberalism is more than freedom, it is also collectivity and unity (Principles of the French Revolution).
Liberals in America proclaiming the desire of a no-state are also libertarian, not liberals ;)

On topic:
There is definitely a "zwickmühle" - one which I know myself. I do believe that the impact of cocaine is the highest and therefore try (!) to avoid it. It try to consume substances produced in Europe and maybe also on a smaller scale, such as Acid or ketamine from your local pharmacy ;). Next to the lack of awareness around this topic, I do meet more and more people whose first drug is cocaine, which I do find alarming.
Deleted User 26423

rattentatten hat geschrieben: Mo 3. Jul 2023, 10:16
blnblnbln hat geschrieben: Mo 3. Jul 2023, 07:39 I guess its that stupid no short no service bullshit. As women can‘t be topless (why) men are forbidden too.

Soo this is off topic, but short viewpoint: You mean a libertarian society, not a liberal.

Laws block and create safe spaces through regulation, such as freedom of speech, the right to abortion, the right to gay marriage. Less rules often mean that the unprotected are on their own. That the supreme court of Germany ruled that not acting on climate change is not constitutional is another point how the legal system is protecting the freedom of future generation. Finally, liberalism is more than freedom, it is also collectivity and unity (Principles of the French Revolution).
Liberals in America proclaiming the desire of a no-state are also libertarian, not liberals ;)

On topic:
There is definitely a "zwickmühle" - one which I know myself. I do believe that the impact of cocaine is the highest and therefore try (!) to avoid it. It try to consume substances produced in Europe and maybe also on a smaller scale, such as Acid or ketamine from your local pharmacy ;). Next to the lack of awareness around this topic, I do meet more and more people whose first drug is cocaine, which I do find alarming.

Again quickly off topic and then forever to be quiet. You are right, libertarian. Maybe not the smartest idea to go into political stuff while still not recovered ;)
Regarding laws...I don't think there shouldn't be any laws. But you name two examples. Freedom of free speech is important and its about freedom. Its a law to guarantee freedom. Opposite to the freedom of gay marriage. Because its not about freedom. Marriage itself isn't about freedom as it comes from a history in which people had to be married and gays could not marry. Because of laws. Same with abortion. Without laws you could do this...but as there is a law some countries forbid it totally.
Its a balance of necessary laws and unnecessary.

I pretty much value a mix of libertarian and liberal opinions.

To topic:
Tbh I think lots of people just live the lifestyle...they don't think much themselves. If you think about it you can't do coke as there are so many people dieing. Like there are protests against Rheinmetall but then the same people take coke and finance the war of terror (Taliban) and the drug cartels which are a threat to democracy too.

If your desire to be high is more important than this topics then please shut up when it comes to vegan, military. Not talking about someone specifically. Just think about consequences.
Juul-Amsterdam

Beitrag von Juul-Amsterdam »

Laleila89 hat geschrieben: So 2. Jul 2023, 22:25 Hello,
Thank you for pointing out the workshop, I missed that one! I think the question mark in the title is spot on, as "fair drugs" is a contradictio in terminis.
Gesperrt