Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Antworten
dad

Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von dad »

Hi,

Kulturkosmos festivals with kids are fun. Given that all act responsible.

Attention festival required separate tix for kids. Those were limited, and sold out fast. This prevented my family from participating.

Kulturkosmos states in email to my wife that currently it is unclear if <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

I am interested, perhaps this is about safety, or authority approval. Can someone make a statement about this?

Thanks
divergenz

Re: Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von divergenz »

I don't know more about it, but ~2 years ago they mentioned for the first time that fusion is not for children (that was after there was some complications around the collective organizing kids-space).
So that idea is not new.
That text changed then to the standard text also visible now for 2022:
https://www.fusion-festival.de/en/2022/advice
Kids at Fusion - this discussion is as old as the festival. Basically, we have no problem with children at the festival. But we expect everyone who comes with children to be aware of their responsibility and to take care of their children themselves.
[...]
I think your kids could have joined at.tension with an adult ticket (found different contradicting statements about that). The voucher shows were explicitly 18+ though). Also the days before the festival there usually is a sale-off of those who cannot come at short notice.

It might be complicated to make this festival adult only as many (!) artists and collectives come with their children. One reason to do so might be the financial situation: Kids don't need to pay and the number of participants is locked at 80.000 (or was it 70.000?).

Would be sad if kids were not allowed anymore, my daughter really enjoys that festival. I wouldn't worry too much though.
Testbild

Re: Kulturkosmos states in email that currently it is unclear if persons <18 years will be allowed on Fusion 2023

Beitrag von Testbild »

If this is a problem for you and you are looking for a festival with strong fusion vibes I can highly recommend Klangtherapie, kids under 12 are free entry and they also have separate kids camping. It's a lot smaller of a festival though
Antworten