fishland

Re: Question from a first timer dj's vs bands

Beitrag von fishland »

Sunrises and mornings
holterdipolter

Beitrag von holterdipolter »

Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: So 11. Jun 2023, 10:12

Thanks for the advice! Another question about the daylight/nighttime comment: what would you say is the best "window" in time to experience the festival, as 24 hour would indeed be too ambitious? By which I mean: what time should we aim to be on the festival ground daily, is this best in the daytime until beginning of the night, or best to start for example from 5 or 6 pm and through the night? Thanks again!
try and see everything at night once. especially the parts that are not a stage. there is a lot of magic in the lights and art installations that just doesn't happen during daytime.

sunrise and just before on top of one of the bunkers is also something special.

in general, just spend as much time as possible on the grounds and as little as possible on the camp site.
gostevie

Beitrag von gostevie »

Gewoon lekker gaan met die banaan

Beitrag von 33602 »

Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: So 11. Jun 2023, 10:12 24 hour would indeed be too ambitious
i dont have a preferred time really.
Of course its always special when the sun goes down or up or such time windows, opening Turmbühne Thursday or some acts will make a basic structure for me but if i miss something, i miss something...

When feeling tired do sleep. I often had naps somewhere, in the Kino or somewhere i found a moment. Things will be going on for a few days, so sleeping is important and sometimes difficult. Its not that divided camp/festival ground as many other festivals do. No gate or bagcheck or anything, so with PanneEichel (BACHSTELZEN :_)) most campers are close to everything.
I often shower latenight when there is not much traffic, sleep some hours, do a first walk in the early morning and see how breakfast finds me. Apfelkrapfen@Oase might that be, followed by Chai at Trancefloor and then see what comes my way :lol:
I know its hard to not plan much, but its gonna work out best that way.
btw, since i love the huge choice of food and other things to buy, i try to have some extra coins with me if possible.
ifindoubtlove

Beitrag von ifindoubtlove »

fishland hat geschrieben: So 11. Jun 2023, 11:39 Sunrises and mornings
For me it´s the sunset time, when everyone is still at the camp, dressing up for the night, putting glitter on your face, anticipating the night to come. And then you start walking towards the stages and suddenly realize that a few thousand people more are doing the same thing. The lights in the trees begin to shine as well as the lightshows at the stages. Everyone looks so happy and curious about what the night will bring. For me, that´s a true feeling of togetherness <3
magehands

Beitrag von magehands »

So, I guess it all depends on what sides of the fusion you want to expirience.

For example:
I am working as a supporter there and I have cronic back issues, so I need to take breaks and love to have some chill time every now and then.

I also always have a few acts that I want to see, so I try to keep track of the timetable with the fusion App, at least a bit... :D A Mix of going with the flow and timetable checking works fine for me.

And: fusion has lots of other stuff to offer. The con.tent for example has great political Talks. Ther also are Workshops, Drag and Cabaret, Cinema and all kinds of visual art! <3
Koalafish

Beitrag von Koalafish »

Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: Fr 9. Jun 2023, 20:00 ... the dj/band/theater/art ratio
I would say about
50% DJ
30% Band
5% Theater
15% Art
Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: Fr 9. Jun 2023, 20:00 Are there dedicated stages for bands
"Palapa" is the main stage for bands, there is also "Triebwerke" and "Palast der Republik", "Roter Platz" und "Neuland" where you will find mostly bands.
"Turmbühne", "Tanzwiese", "Trancefloor" and "Querfeld" will have mostly DJs. All the other stages have everything mixed.
That beeing said, I also would recomend to just go with the flow and not to be fixated on a certain DJ or band to play (or even wait for them), while something awesome you never heard of is going on around the corner.
CptKriechstrom

Beitrag von CptKriechstrom »

Juul-Amsterdam hat geschrieben: Fr 9. Jun 2023, 20:00 Hi all, we're coming from Amsterdam for your great festival, and are wondering what the dj/band/theater/art ratio is. Are there dedicated stages for bands for example? Which stages shouldn't we miss? Many thanks and see you there!
The only thing you should't miss is the Turmbühne Opening on Thursday at 6pm. It gives me goosebumps everytime when the massive crowd gathers and the music starts playing \o/
Koalafish

Beitrag von Koalafish »

CptKriechstrom hat geschrieben: Di 13. Jun 2023, 15:27 The only thing you should't miss is the Turmbühne Opening on Thursday at 6pm. It gives me goosebumps everytime when the massive crowd gathers and the music starts playing \o/
Highly overrated in my opinion :shock: :D
Gesperrt